Terms & Conditions
Before you apply for Art on the Fox, please review the show requirements below. If you have any questions, please email or call the show coordinator at 224.725.6311 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artists are now required to submit their application through www.artcall.org
A direct link to the website will be posted on the Art on the Fox website. The website is free for participating artists and includes a video tutorial for detailed explanations. The website will also collect payments including Jury and Show fees. Our team is available if an artist should need help with the application process. Please contact the show production team at 224.725.6311 or email@example.com
If you are applying for two or more categories, work must be considerably different. Artist must still submit three photos from EACH category along with a booth photo
. A separate jury fee is required for each category.
Art Show Eligibility
Booth Space & Requirements
- All artwork submitted to the jury process, displayed and presented for sale must be original work by the accepted artist, work by employees or apprentices will not be accepted.
- Artist must submit representation of current work.
- Commercially produced work including molds, mass-produced kits, embellished artwork, ready-made items or work produced for volume sales will not be allowed.
- Only artwork is allowed for sale in your booth. Commercially produced items will not be allowed for sale at the show.
Art Show Policies
- Booth spaces are 10’ X 10’ and work must be contained within the assigned space.
- All tents / canopies are required to be white and must withstand winds and rain. All tents / canopies MUST be weighed down with a minimum of 40 pounds per leg. Because the show site is located next to a river, winds can be strong! Take every precaution to ensure a safe booth for the attendees and other artists. Art Show representatives will be inspecting each booth to ensure safety is being adhered to.
- You may not infringe on another space physically or audibly.
- Artists must have a white tent unless exempted by festival director.
- Only juried artist may have work displayed in the booth.
- All booths must keep their area clean and orderly.
- Corner booths must either have the corner open or use the outside wall to display art.
- We will try to accommodate any special needs request but please be aware that we will not make any guarantees. We will make every effort to meet all special requests on a first come, first served basis. Additional charges may apply. Please include all booth requests on the registration form.
- During the art show, all exhibits will be visited by a festival representative to ensure that they are in compliance with our festival policies. It is the exclusive right and responsibility of the Festival Staff to call for the removal of work that is not in compliance with the festival policies and requirements. Non-compliance may result in expulsion from the festival or refusal of future festival participation.
Jury and Selection Process
- No smoking is allowed in artists booths. Art on the Fox is a drug and alcohol free show, no exceptions will be allowed.
- Only artwork in the category accepted through the jury process will be allowed to be exhibited. Work that is not in compliance is subject to removal and can forfeit the artist’s booth space.
- Closing your booth prior to the end of the day will forfeit your space for the following day or upcoming Algonquin art shows (unless approved by the Site Manager).
- Sale signs and awards from other shows are not permitted.
- Artist acceptance into Art on the Fox is non-transferable.
- Each artist is responsible for collecting and remitting local sales tax to the State’s Department of Revenue as required by law. Artists will also be required to provide either an IL Business Tax Number (EIN) or a social security number which will be provided to the Illinois Department of Revenue.
Each year, Art on the Fox recruits jurors based on their in-depth knowledge and experience of the arts. The show recruits new jurors each year to ensure we are using people with diversified art backgrounds and skills including artists, professors and teachers, gallery owners and museum directors.
Jurors review all submitted artwork on an anonymous basis meaning they have no access to the artist’s name, location or pricing. The artists accepted into each category are based on their total combined score of the jurors. The top scoring artists are invited to participate in the show.
The artistic work submitted by each artist is juried based on the criteria listed below:
- Technical Abilities: technique, skill, degree of difficulty, mastery of materials used
- Body of Work: How well the images represent a point of view
- Artistic Theme: design, vision, creativity
An Artist Statement describing the technique, materials, and processes used in the creation of your entire body of work must be included with each Art on the Fox show entry. Your Artist Statement may be used in the promotion of the festival through public relations efforts and should be no longer than a maximum of 1000 characters (including punctuation and spacing).
No Show Policy
Artists who have not checked in and/or notified Art on the Fox or JMF Events with a message via festival phone (224.725.6311) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 7:00 am Saturday (first day of art show) will be considered a NO SHOW and the booth space will be forfeited with no refund.
Artist's Release of Liability:
Upon acceptance into Art on the Fox Fine Art Show, the accepted artist agrees to the following:
In consideration for participation in “Algonquin’s Art on the Fox,” (“AAF”) I, in both my personal and representative capacities, for myself and my representatives, agents, executors, heirs, and assigns agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Village of Algonquin, its employees, attorneys, officers, volunteers and agents (“Indemnitees”), from any and all liabilities and damages that they may sustain as a result of my participation in AAF including reasonable attorney fees and costs, and agree to release Indemnitees from any liability or responsibility for any damage or loss to any artwork connected with the AAF displays. I assume full responsibility for my work and actions at AAF, including the insurance of my work and property. I affirm that all artwork submitted with this application and all artwork to be displayed at the AAF is my original design, concept, and produced solely by myself, the applicant. I understand that AAF reserves the right to remove any works that do not meet the standards set forth in the application. Failure to comply may result in the removal of an Artist from AAF and jeopardize participation in future shows. AAF has permission to publish slides and/or photographs of my work, my booth or of me for purposes related to the promotion of the event, past, present or future.
This call has agreed to ArtCall.org Terms & Conditions